Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Divorce

Like many families, separation occurs which typically is very painful and not positively talked about. In some cases divorce is necessary, but in some cases I feel like it is a lack of communication. In my own experience, communication can be difficult and sometimes, if done wrong, can make things worse. I have communicated in the wrong way and in the right way before. When I communicated in the wrong way, I often used the words "you" instead of the words "I feel". The difference is simple, but important. When I communicated right, I would often express what I felt the other person is doing and how it made me feel without accusing them of any actions that may have been theirs. Although sometimes miscommunication is the main reason for divorce. Other reasons could be abuse or a thought of incompatibility. divorce can happen in many ways, but can also be prevented in many ways. A couple could go to couples therapy or research better ways to communicate. There are many ways to deal with divorce, but it takes time forgiveness, and vulnerability.

No comments:

Post a Comment